Semaglutide – A Game Changing Medication For Weight Loss
Semaglutide is gaining popularity quickly, and for good reason, IT WORKS! In clinical trials participants lost an average of 15% of their body weight while taking Semaglutide. That means for someone weighing 200lbs, the AVERAGE weight loss was 30 lbs. Many participants lost 40 lbs, 50 lbs, and more.
How Does Semaglutide Work
Semaglutide is a non-stimulant appetite suppressant that acts like a hunger-regulating hormone called glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1). Its works by delaying stomach/gastric emptying which makes you feel full longer after eating a smaller amount of food. It also reduces blood glucose levels by stimulating the pancreas to produce more insulin. Semaglutide has been clinically proven to significantly reduce appetite and therefore calorie consumption leading to weight loss and overall health improvements.
Why Choose Houston Weight Loss Center?
- We offer Semaglutide injections for a fraction of the price of Semaglutide brand Wegovy®
- Our clinics specialize in medical weight loss, offering comprehensive weight loss education and clinical support (in-person)
- We have 2 convenient locations – 3100 Hillcroft st. Suite A, Houston Texas and 8303 Gulf Freeway, Suite 101 Houston Texas
Houston Weight Loss Center is proud to offer Low Cost Semaglutide:
- TOTAL COST TO YOU = COST OF OFFICE VISITS + COST OF SEMAGLUTIDE
- Initial Office Visit – $129 (includes exam, blood work, supplements, and lipotropic injection)
- Follow up Office Visits (required monthly) – $89
- Semaglutide – $60 to $150 (depending on dose) for a 4-week supply
Do I Qualify For Semaglutide?
Only after a visit with one of our providers can we tell you if you actually qualify for Semaglutide, but there are Minimal Weight Requirements:
- An initial BMI of 30 or greater
- An initial BMI of 27 to 29.9 with at least one additional weight-related health issue such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol or triglycerides, diabetes, or pre-diabetes.
Check Your BMI Now!
Know your BMI
What Are The Side Effects Of Semaglutide?
Like most medications, Semaglutide does have side effects. Semaglutide side effects are usually very mild and occur most often at the beginning of treatment.
Common side effects include:
- Stomach pain
Semaglutide should be used in combination with diet and exercise to be both effective and to help manage initial side effects. Over-eating or eating junk food while taking Semaglutide has been reported to increase the intensity of side effects. Eating smaller portions and low calorie, low-sugar foods has been reported to reduce the side effects significantly.
Semaglutide does have several potentially serious side effects. In laboratory trials it has been shown to cause tumors in the thyroid (including cancer) in some cases. It may also cause inflammation of the pancreas, low blood sugar (hypoglycemia), kidney problems, or serious allergic reactions.
Getting Started On Semaglutide
Semaglutide is a once weekly self-administered injection. After your first appointment, if you have been found medically qualified for Semaglutide, you will be prescribed 0.25mg per week dosage for the first 4 weeks. If well tolerated, the Semaglutide prescription may be increased to 0.5mg per week in the second month, 1mg per week in the third month, up to 2mg per week in the fourth month and thereafter.
SEMAGLUTIDE INJECTION FAQS
No. And this is why we offer low cost options for our patients.
Most patients get some affect immediately, but maximum effect may take several months.
Semaglutide is approved for “chronic weight management”, which means we can prescribe it for you as long as you need it.